Stephen Ministry at St. Timothy's
A ministry here for almost 30 years
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry in which trained and supervised laypersons provide one-to-one Christian care to individuals facing life challenges or difficulties. This may include the bereaved, hospitalized, terminally ill, separated, divorced, unemployed, relocated, and others facing a crisis or life challenge.
Stephen Ministers are caring, friends who listen, understand, accept and pray for, and with, those who are working through a crisis or tough time. Stephen Ministers are trained caregivers whose role is to listen and care, not to give advice or counsel. Stephen Ministry helps our priests and congregation provide quality caring ministry for as long as people need it.
interested in learning more?
This video offers a good overview of this ministry: stephenministries.org/PBS
These short videos feature care receivers sharing their stories: stephenministries.org/stories
interested in becoming a Stephen minister?
Follow these steps below:
- Contact a Stephen Leader to get an application.
- Complete and return the application.
- Interview with the leaders.
- Complete 50 hours of training, making a 2-year commitment to the ministry.
- Meet with your assigned care receiver.
- Attend continuing education and supervision from 7:00-9:00 pm on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays nights of each month.
Here's one more video to watch, about being a Stephen Minister: stephenministries.org/SM